Chronic back pain
Back pain is a very common medical problem. The human back is composed of a complex structure of muscles, ligaments, tendons, disks and bones – the segments of our spine are cushioned with cartilage-like pads. Problems with any of these components can lead to back pain. Cause of the pain can be very different (incorrect posture, mechanical, neurological), so the patient needs a comprehensive survey of experts of various disciplines, primarily osteopathy, neurology and rheumatology.
Symptoms of back pain may include:
- Muscle ache
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Pain that radiates down your leg
- Limited flexibility or range of motion of the back
- Inability to stand up straight
This survey allows us not only to examine the functioning of the musculoskeletal system, to make biological and radiological tests, neuro-muscular test, but also to give the patient medical recommendations on all aspects related to the symptoms of the disease, including diet and lifestyle. Doctors will explain the reason for pain and offer a long-term rehabilitation program.
Stages of the check-up
- Appointment schedule – Program organisation.
- Specialized consultation with osteopath.
- Fasting morning – Blood sample between 08:00 and 08:45 in the morning followed by the initial consultation with the internist specialist in nutrition and providing of biological check-up (basic and nutrition).
- Consultation with internist specialist in nutrition. Review of results with therapeutic suggestions (modification of alimentary habits, way of life, complementary alimentary suggestion).
- Corporal balance analysis, DXA and specialized consultation in muscular functionality.
- Back MRI (lumbar or cervical).
- Neurology consultation with electromyogram exam.
- Final consultation with recommendations.
Basic biological check-up
- Complete blood count
- VS, CRP, Electrophoresis, Prot. Tot, Ferritin, Phosphate, Folic acid, Vit B12
- Protein C-reactive, Interleukin 6, HbA1c, CRP us
- Ionogram (Na, K, Ca tot, P)
- Hepatic tests (Phosphatase Alkaline, Bilirubin Tot, gammaGT, ALAT, ASAT,LDH)
- Thyroid tests (TSH, T3, T4)
- Creatinine, Urea, Glycaemia, folic acid, Ferritin, , DHEA
- Bone markers (Calcium corr, PA bone, XLaps, P1NP, PTH, Vit D)
- HOMA test
Blood check micro nutrition
- Evaluation of cardio vascular risks and inflammation (lipid profile, fatty acid profile, risk profile (including emerging markers and lipoprotein atheroginicity)
- Evaluation of oxidant stress and evaluation of vitamins and antioxidants intake
- Immunology and neurobiology nutrition check
- Insulin resistance HOMA
- Stress hormones (cortisol and saliva DHEA)
Price: 8’100 CHF
Additional back exams can be recommended by the specialists
Back MRI (additional part): 1’200 CHF